Good morning everyone !
Today, to combat the boring return from holidays, I propose you an original idea that I love so much and that, often, is my favorite solution when I do not want to wear skirts and dresses: the mannish look!
- Let's see how to recreate it and to be extremely feminine with some mannish clothes. -
mannish look: a little mannish style story
The mannish look worn by a woman is one of the sexiest thing of the world! Already in the ’30s, the Hollywood star Greta Garbo liked to wear really irreverent androgynous clothes: bluses, jackets, pants and derby shoes, which certainly were not usual for women of that time … a real chance!
It was Yves Saint Laurent, in the early 70’s, to clear the myth of mannish look by creating tuxedos and dresses made by mannish fabrics for women who wanted to stand out from the fashion of the moment.
Since then, we frequently see celebs walking on the catwalks and on the red carpets wearing with sex appeal and nonchalance mannish clothes toned down by beep necklines and high heels!
- There is nothing more sexy and intriguing than seeing a woman perfectly comfortable with her mannish look! -
mannish look: which items to choose
The solutions that you have to re-create a masculine look are two:
- Making a male dress wearing blazer, blusa and classic mannish trousers;
- Playing with more feminine items as palazzo high-waisted pants and blouses with ruffles.
-in both cases you can play with mannish details like suspenders or a fedora hat. -
mannish look: how to make it sexy
- To give a touch of femininity to your mannish look, you can just focus on accessories and on some little details that immediately jump to the eye! -
For example, a pair of shoes with high heels will be super sexy when paired with a mannish tuxedo ! If, however, you love flat shoes, wear fishnet tights and a pair of derby shoes for an I do not see effect that will leave everything to the imagination;)
One last idea, then, is to focus on the transparencies or the necklines! For example, a veiled blouse that reveals the lingerie or your boyfriend’s blusa worn with three buttons undone will be an extremely feminine detail!
In short, this is a different idea for a really sexy mannish look that you can create using items that probably are already in your wardrobe!
- Discover which is the mannish look that best suits you and escape your sex appeal! -
blouse – H&M // pants (old) and clutch – ZARA // earrings – FRANCESCO RUSSO GIOIELLI
Ph. Federica Ariemma